Well I finally did it – I’ve been dreaming about these bacon cookies for weeks literally, but always managed to prioritize my baking differently.. until a few days ago that is when I bought some smoky, delicious bacon just for these cookies! It’s not a mistake – these cookies have been designed to include bacon in the ingredient list and it’s not something I recommend replacing! Bacon is the key ingredient, the one that makes these cookies what they are! Together with bacon, you’ll also find crushed potato chips, chocolate chips and mini-marshmallows on the ingredient list. It’s probably one of the weirdest combination I’ve ever made in terms of cookie flavors, but God, they turned out heavenly. I’ve always loved the mix of sweet and salty (hello cheese pasta with sugar on top!!), so my taste buds were prepared for something delicious, but little I knew they would turn out this epic! I’m not even kidding, they are epic and how could they not be when they have one of the best things ever invented by man – bacon!
These bacon cookies are chewy when you first bite into them, but the next moment they turn crunchy due to the addition of potato chips and the flavors reveal to your taste buds one by one, building into a delicious, slightly smoky taste that lingers on your palate. There’s nothing I would change about these cookies – oh wait, maybe one thing – I would add a few crushed pretzels next time for even more texture and taste. They are incredible, I’m not kidding!
- 110g butter, softened
- 200g white sugar
- 1 egg
- 140g all-purpose flour
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- 100g salted potato chips, crushed
- 8 bacon slices
- 50g dark chocolate chips
- 30g mini-marshmallows
- Heat a non-stick pan over medium flame and fry the bacon until crisp. Remove it on paper towels and let the bacon slices cool completely.
- Crush the bacon slices into smaller pieces and place aside.
- Sift the flour with baking powder and baking soda in a bowl and place aside.
- Pre-heat your oven to 350F and lined 2 baking sheets with baking paper.
- Mix the butter with sugar for 5 minutes until creamy and fluffy.
- Add the egg and mix well.
- Stir in the flour mixture just until incorporated then fold in the potato chips, bacon slices, chocolate chips and marshmallows.
- Drop spoonfuls of batter on your prepared pans and bake in the oven for 12-15 minutes at most until the edges turn golden brown.
- Let the cookies cool in the pan before serving.
Fursecuri cu bacon – da, acel bacon pe care il stim cu totii, sunculita aceea felii, usor afumata, absolut delicioasa – nu s-a strecurat nicio greseala in titlul retetei! Recunosc ca mereu mi-a placut combinatia dulce-sarat (mananc paste cu branza sarata si zahar din belsug) asa ca visez la aceste fursecuri de saptamani intregi. Papilele mele abia au asteptat intalnirea cu aceste fursecuri, dar zau ca nu ma asteptam sa fie atat, dar atat de bune. Nu as schimba nimic la aceasta reteta – de fapt, mint, as adauga data viitoare cativa pretzels (covrigei sarati) sfaramitati pentru un plus de textura si gust.
- 110g unt, temperatura camerei
- 200g zahar
- 1 ou
- 140g faina alba
- 1/4 lingurita praf de copt
- 1/4 lingurita bicarbonat
- 100g chipsuri de cartofi sfaramitati
- 8 felii de bacon
- 50g fulgi de ciocolata neagra (sau ciocolata neagra tocata)
- 30g bezele moi (mini-marshmallows)
Mod de preparare:
- Primul lucru pe care il aveti de facut este sa frigeti feliile de bacon pana devin crocante. Scoateti feliile de bacon pe prosoape de hartie si lasati-le sa se raceasca, apoi sfaramitati-le.
- Cerneti faina cu praful de copt si bicarbonatul.
- Preincalziti cuptorul la 180C si tapetati 2 tavi cu hartie de copt.
- Mixati untul cu zaharul cel putin 5 minute pana obtineti o compozitie pufoasa, cremoasa.
- Adaugati oul si mixati bine.
- Incorporati faina, apoi adaugati chipsurile de cartofi, baconul, ciocolata si bezelele moi si incorporati-le usor cu o spatula.
- Puneti gramajoare de aluat pe tavile de copt pregatite si coaceti la 180C pentru 12-15 minute pana marginile fursecurilor devin usor aurii.
- Lasati fursecurile sa se raceasca in tava.