Author: Olguta - Pastry Workshop
- 1 egg
- 65g white sugar
- 10g butter
- 100g dark chocolate, chopped
- 20g all-purpose flour
- 1 pinch salt
- ⅛ teaspoon baking powder
- 35g walnuts/hazelnuts, chopped (optional)
- 25g white chocolate, chopped (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 180C and line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Sift the flour with salt and baking powder and place aside.
- Mix the butter and chocolate in a bowl and melt them together in the microwave or over a hot water bath.
- Combine the egg with sugar and mix with an electric mixer until tripled in volume, light and fluffy.
- Add the melted chocolate and mix well then fold in the flour, followed by the walnuts and white chocolate. I only used walnuts for this batch.
- Spoon the dough on your prepared baking sheets and bake in the oven for 10-12 minutes just until slightly crusty, but still soft.
- Remove the baking sheets from the oven and let the cookies cool in the pan before serving.
- Store them in an airtight container for up to 1 week.
Use good quality chocolate, at least 70% cocoa content - this is the key to the success of this recipe!
Recipe by Pastry Workshop at http://pastry-workshop.com/brownie-cookies-fursecuri-cu-ciocolata/