Author: Olguta - Pastry Workshop
- 175g dark chocolate, chopped (I)
- 100g butter, cubed
- 100g white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 40g all-purpose flour
- 1 pinch salt
- 60g walnuts/pistachio/almonds/peanuts (optional)
- 80g dark chocolate, chopped (II)
- 80ml heavy cream (I)
- 150ml heavy cream, whipped (II)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups fresh strawberries
- Chocolate drops to decorate
- Pre-heat your oven to 350F and lined a round cake pan (18cm) with baking paper.
- Melt the chocolate (I) with butter until smooth (over a hot water bath or in the microwave).
- Stir in the sugar and eggs and give it a quick mix then add the flour and salt and stir again.
- Fold in the walnuts if you're using any then pour the batter in your round cake pan.
- Bake for 30 minutes then allow the cake to cool completely.
- For the chocolate ganache, bring the heavy cream (I) to the boiling point and stir in the chocolate (II). Mix until smooth then let the glaze cool and set slightly.
- Top the cake wih chocolate ganache and decorate with whipped cream flavored with vanilla extract, strawberries and chocolate drops.
- Serve the cake chilled.
Recipe by Pastry Workshop at http://pastry-workshop.com/brownie-cake-tort-cu-ciocolata/