How I love chocolate chip cookies! They must be my favorite type of cookies – not too chocolatey, but soft and gooey, delicate and fragrant, textured and just perfect with a glass of milk. They are absolute stars once autumn comes in my household, next to other cookies we appreciate a lot: pecan meltaways or fondants, butter spritz cookies and vanillekipferl.
But these chocolate chip oats cookies are special! The oats add so much depth of flavor to the dough that it is impossible not to love them! I am thinking that maybe next time I can add some dried cranberries as well for little bursts of extra flavor, next to the chocolate. What do you think?
- 125 g butter softened
- 230 g dark brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 225 g white all-purpose flour
- 2 g baking powder
- 2 g salt
- 80 g rolled oats
- 150 g chocolate chips
- Mix the butter and sugar for a few minutes until light and pale.
- Add the egg and mix well.
- Stir in the dry ingredients.
- Add the chocolate chips and mix just until combined.
- Form 40g cookies. Shape and place them on a tray, leaving enough room to expand. Plat them slightly.
- Bake at 180C for 10-12 minutes. When ready, then should be set on the edges but still soft in the center. Let them cool down on the tray.
- Kitchen scale
- Baking paper or silicone sheet