You have no idea for how long I’ve been dreaming about these coconut brownies.. The only reason for not making them until now was not having a small enough pan – weird for a pastry chef, I know, but here me out for a second and you’ll understand. We just moved places (and towns for that matter) and in the heat of the moment and the mess the moving has caused, I left behind my square pan that I was using for brownies. I didn’t feel bad about it as it was a fairly old pan, but then I saw a picture of coconut brownies and it made me think of Bounty bars so I was hooked. I began looking for a new pan, obviously, and to my surprise, took me a while to find a perfectly square, tall pan to hold all the goodies I was going to bake. The only thing I need to fix now is my oven (the gas kind) which kinda burns my baked goodies on the edges and is driving me nuts.
These coconut brownies are loaded with chocolate and butter and sweetened condensed milk and coconut.. Basically everything I love is in there so the brownies taste amazing! They are fudgy, rich and fragrant and make an excellent treat for a special occasion precisely due to their richness. I mean, it’s surely not a dessert to eat daily or when you’re on a diet, but it’s well worth the sacrifice once in a while.
- 200g dark chocolate, chopped
- 200g butter
- 3 eggs
- 200g white sugar
- 80g all-purpose flour
- 50g cocoa powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 150g shredded coconut (unsweetned)
- 250g sweetened condensed milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pre-heat your oven to 350F and line a small square pan with baking paper.
- Combine the eggs and sugar in the bowl of your mixer and mix for 5 minutes until thickened, pale and fluffy.
- In the meantime, melt the chocolate and butter in a bowl over a hot water bath.
- Stir the melted chocolate into the egg mixture then fold in the flour, cocoa powder and salt.
- Pour the batter in the prepared pan and bake in the oven for 10 minutes.
- Mix all the ingredients in a bowl.
- Spread this mixture over the brownie layer and continue baking for 15 additional minutes.
- When done, allow to cool completely then cut into small squares and serve.
Nu aveti idee de cand imi doresc sa fac aceste brownies. De ce? Pentru ca ador combinatia de ciocolata cu nuca de cocos, ma duce cu gandul la tabletele Bounty pe care le iubesc. Sa tot fie o luna de cand dau tarcoale acestei retete, insa m-a impiedicat faptul ca nu aveam nicio tava potrivita. Lucru ciudat pentru un cofetar… ideea e ca ne-am mutat de curand si cumva am lasat in urma tava aceea micuta pe care o foloseam de obicei pentru astfel de retete. Si eram ok cu asta pana cand am inceput sa visez brownies cu nuca de cocos. Asa ca primul lucru pe care l-am facut in tava noua au fost aceste brownies ciocolatoase cu un topping delicios de nuca de cocos! Delicios, aromat, dens, cremos, practic toate caracteristicile unui desert perfect!
- 200g unt
- 200g ciocolata neagra (cel putin 60%)
- 3 oua
- 200g zahar alb
- 80g faina alba
- 50g cacao
- 1/2 lingurita sare
Strat nuca de cocos:
- 150g nuca de cocos maruntita (neindulcita)
- 250g lapte condensat indulcit
- 2 oua
- 1 lingurita extract de vanilie
Mod de preparare:
- Preincalziti cuptorul la 180C apoi tapetati o tava mica patrata cu hartie de copt.
- Combinati ouale si zaharul intr-un bol si mixati cel putin 5 minute pana obtineti o compozitie cremoasa, pufoasa care si-a dublat volumul cel putin.
- Intre timp, topiti ciocolata si untul intr-un bol termorezistent pe baie de aburi.
- Adaugati ciocolata peste compozitia de oua si amestecati usor pentru a o incorpora.
- Adaugati faina, cacaoa si sarea.
- Turnati blatul in tava pregatita si coaceti pentru 10 minute.
Strat nuca de cocos:
- Combinati toate ingredientele intr-un bol si amestecati bine.
- Puneti acest amestec peste stratul brownie si continuati sa mai coaceti pentru 15-20 minute.
- Lasati sa se raceasca apoi taiati in patratele pentru servire.