I don’t normally watch cooking shows on TV as my toddler is watching cartoons or listening to music, but it just happened that I was browsing through channels and ended up watching a Rachel Allen show. And she was making this lemon cake that immediately caught my attention with how easy and quick it is to make. And since I had all the ingredients in my pantry already, I quickly mixed it up for an afternoon treat.
It’s a lemony, fragrant and tender cake and I was quite impressed by its amazing taste. It may be simple, but it has all it takes to be a delicious dessert: fragrance, texture, tangy taste and it has some good looks as well. To be honest, I wasn’t expecting my family to like it much as they love creams and mousses more.. but this cake didn’t make it until next day, we fought on the last slice if you can believe that!!
- 120 g butter softened
- 120 g white sugar
- 1 egg
- zest from 1 lemon
- 150 g all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teapsoon baking powder
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 125 g powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- To make the cake, combine all the ingredients in a food processor and pulse until the batter is smooth.
- Spoon the batter into a round cake pan (18cm diameter) and bake in the preheated oven at 350F for 20-30 minutes or until well risen and golden brown.
- To check for doneness, insert a toothpick in the center of the cake. If the cake is done, the toothpick will come out clean, but if the cake is not baked enough, there will still be traces of batter on the toothpick.
- Remove the cake from the oven and let it cool down in the pan.
- Transfer the cake on a platter.
- For the glaze, combine the sugar and lemon juice and mix well. if the glaze is too thick, add more lemon juice and if it's too thin, add more powdered sugar.
- Drizzle the glaze over the chilled cake and let it set in the fridge for 10 minutes.
- Slice the cake and serve.
Nu prea apuc sa vad emisuni culinare la televizor din lipsa de timp si un pusti care fie se uita la desene, fie asculta muzica, insa din intamplare am dat peste o emisiune a lui Rachel Allen si facea acest tort cu lamaie care mi-a atras atentia imediat. Mai rapid si mai simplu de atat nu se poate! Dar e si tare bun. Noi ne-am batut pe ultima felie!
- 120g unt moale
- 120g zahar
- 1 ou
- Coaja de la 1 lamaie
- 150g faina alba
- 1/2 lingurita praf de copt
- 1 praf de sare
- 2 linguri lapte
Glazura de lamaie:
- 125g zahar pudra
- 2 linguri zeama de lamaie
Mod de preparare:
- Pentru tort, combinati toate ingredientele in vasul robotului de bucatarie si mixati pana obtineti un aluat omogen.
- Turnati aluatul intr-o tava de tort mica (18cm) tapetata cu faina si coaceti la 180C pentru 20-30 de minute cel mult. E gata cand e crescut si usor auriu.
- Scoateti din cuptor si lasati sa se raceasca in tava.
- Pentru glazura, amestecati zeama de lamaie cu zaharul pudra. Daca glazura e prea lichida, mai adaugati zahar pudra, daca e prea groasa, mai adaugati zeama de lamaie.
- Turnati glazura peste tortul rece si lasati-o sa se aseze pe tort.
- Taiati si serviti.