Brownies might as well become this blog’s signature as there are so many recipes already published, all of them delicious, fitted for every taste! You can choose between these raspberry brownies or these fluffy brownies of Pierre Herme, although if you love moist, gooey brownies, the 4 chocolate brownies might be a better choice. I guess there is a reason why brownies have become a common dessert on this blog though – they are my go-to dessert whenever I don’t have the time for anything too complicated. Their versatility is what scores highest with me!
These moist banana brownies don’t have the classic taste of a brownie since they are packed with banana pieces and baked to perfection into tiny squares of fragrant, sweet dessert that can be served as they are or topped with a scoop of vanilla ice cream. If you throw some flambee banana in there too, you would treat yourself with a piece of heaven for sure!
Unlike most brownie recipes, this particular one has a touch of baking powder added, just because otherwise it would be quite dense. It would still be delicious, but a touch of airy texture never hurt, right?!
Find the video version of these Moist Banana Brownies below:
- 120 g butter melted
- 120 g dark chocolate 70%
- 200 g brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 190 g mashed bananas
- 65 g all-purpose flour
- 25 g cocoa powder
- 2 g salt
- 2 g baking powder
- 65 g walnuts slightly chopped
- Mix the melted butter (warm) with the chocolate until smooth.
- Separately, slightly whip the sugar with the eggs.
- Stir in the chocolate mixture then add the mashed banana.
- Sift in the flour, cocoa powder, salt and baking powder and mix briefly with a spatula.
- Add the walnuts and mix.
- Transfer in a 18x18cm cake frame and bake at 180C for 25 minutes.
- Cool down then cut into small squares.