It’s been a very slow week in the Pastry Workshop kitchen and the only thing I managed to bake.. twice… is these vegan chocolate muffins. They’re incredibly easy to make, perfect for the amount of time I had at my disposal for baking and well, they’re egg free and dairy free because I’m trying to cut down the animal products I’m eating for a few weeks (not very good at it, I have to admit though).
I like this recipe because it’s simple, it uses cheap ingredients and can easily be customized by adding coconut, various nuts, citrus zest, vanilla, chocolate chips or various dried fruits. And these vegan chocolate muffins turn out so fluffy and moist that you will be making them again and again!
I’m a cream and butter type of girl, but from time to time I get to make something vegan and when this happens, I like to keep it simple and rely on basic ingredients with an amazing outcome. That was the case with my vegan chocolate mousse cake which was divine and I had to keep making it various times for my family. It was the cake that made me really look at vegan desserts differently and opened my eyes towards eggless and dairy free dessert as a great alternative to the my regular desserts when the time asks for it.
- 210g all-purpose flour
- 30g cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 150g white sugar
- 100ml vegetable oil
- 250ml water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- Preheat your oven to 350F and prepare a muffin tin by lining it with muffin papers.
- Combine the dry ingredients in a bowl and mix well. In a different bowl, mix the wet ingredients then pour them over the dry ingredients.
- Give it a quick mix just until combined then spoon the batter in your prepared muffin tin.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until the muffins pass the toothpick test. Ideally, they still need to be slightly moist in the center so try not to bake them more than 20 minutes.
- Allow the muffins to cool in the pan before serving.
Intrucat trecem printr-o perioada de post (culinar si sufletesc), vin in intampinarea voastra cu o reteta de muffins de post. E o reteta extrem de simpla, cu ingrediente ieftine si putine, insa delicioasa. Rezultatul, desi nu la fel de fin ca cele facute cu lapte ori unt, face fata cu brio testelor de gust ori textura, fiind intens aromate si foarte umede.
V-as mai recomanda pentru perioada de post acest tort cu mousse de ciocolata , tortul care mi-a intrecut orice asteptari si mi-a deschis usor ochii spre aceasta latura a deserturilor fara unt, oua, frisca ori lapte.
- 210g faina alba
- 30g cacao
- 1 lingurita bicarbonat de sodiu
- 1/4 lingurita sare
- 150g zahar alb
- 100ml ulei vegetal
- 250ml apa
- 1 lingurita extract de vanilie
- 1/2 lingurita otet de mere
Mod de preparare:
- Preincalziti cuptorul la 180C si tapetati o tava de muffins (12 bucati) cu hartiile de muffins preferate.
- Combinati ingredientele uscate intr-un bol si amestecati bine.
- In alt bol, mixati ingredientele umede impreuna apoi turnati-le peste cele uscate si amestecati cu un tel doar pana la incorporare. Nu insistati cu mixatul ori nu veti mai obtine muffins bine crescute, aerate.
- Turnati aluatul in tava pregatita si coaceti pentru 15-20 minute.
- Lasati sa se raceasca in tava inainte de servire.