Are you guys ready for Christmas this year? I sure am not, but time waits for no one, right?! So I decided to take advantage of it and start baking and testing recipes for Christmas early this year. I am doing what I do best and enjoying these last few weeks of 2020 to their highest!
I am sharing today a recipe from last year’s Christmas cookie collection, but last year does not mean outdated in this case as these cookies are amazing and they will surely blow your taste buds away. These walnut kipferl cookies are so tender and fragrant, so soft and sandy, they just melt in your mouth instantly! The icing sugar coating gives them a feeling of candy and very very festive in my opinion.
- 35 g icing sugar
- 120 g butter softened
- 5 g vanilla extract
- 140 g all-purpose flour
- 100 g walnuts ground
- 1 g salt
- Icing sugar for dusting
- Combine all the ingredients in the bowl of your mixer and mix just until a dough forms.
- Transfer the dough on your working surface and roll it into thin cylinders.
- Lightly flour your working surface if needed.
- Once the cylinders are formed, but small pieces (around 2cm length) and arrange them on a baking tray lined with baking paper.
- Keep going until you run out of dough.
- Freeze the cookies for 15 minutes then bake at 170C for 12-14 minutes or until golden brown.
- Once cooled down, roll the walnut kipferls through icing sugar to completely coat them.
- Keep in an airtight container.
- Kitchen scale
- Baking tray
- Baking paper