Let’s add one more recipe to the large list of chocolate chip cookies, shall we?! Not just any recipe though, but these delicious gluten free chocolate chip cookies which really impressed me. In addition to having no gluten, these cookies also have no lactose. So bonus points for a recipe that is already great.
The ingredients for these gluten free chocolate chip cookies are: coconut oil, coconut sugar, peanut butter or almond butter (actually, you can use any butter made from nuts, peanuts, cashew, almonds or hazelnuts), coconut flour, almond flour and plenty of dark chocolate. It’s a fairly short, yet clean list of ingredients, but the final result proved to be better than I anticipated. Speaking of clean ingredients, here’s a good example of how to asses your vegan-friendly chips better and choose the right ones taking into consideration not just ingredients, but also flavor and taste.
Usually gluten free products tend to be dried and have less flavor, the texture is surely impacted by the use of different flours other than gluten. But with these cookies you will notice no difference whatsoever!
These gluten free chocolate chip cookies are moist and packed not just with chocolate, but also with flavor. The coconut sugar adds such a nice caramel aroma, while the coconut oil and coconut flour bring my beloved coconut aroma to the table. I had one of these cookies just as I took them out of the oven, while still warm, and with the chocolate oozing out, these were AMAZING. I really hoped they would preserve the same characteristics after cooling down and they did. Moist and soft even five days later kept in an airtight container. Love them!
- 85 g coconut oil melted
- 150 g coconut sugar
- 100 g peanut butter crunchy or smooth
- 5 g vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 70 g coconut flour
- 30 g almond flour
- 4 g baking soda
- 2 g salt
- 150 g dark chocolate chopped
- Combine the coconut oil, coconut sugar, peanut butter and vanilla in a bowl and mix well.
- Add the egg and give it a good mix.
- Stir in the flours, baking soda and salt then add the chocolate and mix well.
- Form small balls of dough that weight 30g each and arrange them on a baking tray lined with baking paper or Silikomart silicone baking mat.
- Freeze for 30 minutes.
- Bake in the preheated oven at 170C for 14-16 minutes or until slightly golden brown.
- Cool down in the tray and preserve in an airtight container.