I’m not the person to give up on eggs, milk, cream or butter easily, but once in a while I like to try different approaches to food and these vegan chocolate truffles are surely different from my usual desserts – vegan, using mostly raw ingredients and loaded with healthy ingredients, such as dates, chia seeds, hemp seeds, pumpkin and sunflower seeds and coconut flakes. Not that butter and cream aren’t healthy, but for someone looking to lose weight for instance, they might not be the best choice.
And to my surprise, they are amazing – rich, filling, crunchy and yet creamy, these truffles are a great alternative to the traditionally made ones. I’ll surely be making them again, maybe for Christmas too as they take so little time to make!
- 120g pitted dates
- 70g dried plums (raisins, sultanas or apricots)
- 50g blanched almonds, ground (hazelnuts or walnuts)
- 25g dark cocoa powder
- 30g shredded coconut
- 20g mixed seeds (chia, hemp, pumpkin, sunflower – you can use just one of them or a mix like I did)
- 10g agave or maple syrup
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-2 tablespoons water (optional)
- Cocoa powder and shredded coconut to finish the truffles
- Mix the pitted dates with the dried plums in a bowl and cover them with hot boiling water.
- Let them soak up for 15 minutes then drain well and place in a food processor.
- Add the remaining ingredients and pulse until well mixed.
- Refrigerate the mixture for 30 minutes then form small balls.
- Roll each ball through either cocoa powder or shredded coconut.
- 120g curmale fara samburi
- 70g prune uscate (stafide sau caise uscate)
- 50g pudra de migdale (miez de nuca sau alune de padure)
- 25g pudra de cacao
- 30g fulgi de nuca de cocos
- 20g mix de seminte (seminte de chia, canepa, in, dovleac sau floarea soarelui)
- 10g Green Sugar
- 1/2 lingurita extract de vanilie
- 1-2 linguri apa (optional)
- Cacao si nuca de cocoa pentru a finisa trufele
Mod de preparare:
- Combinati curmalele si prunele uscate intr-un bol si acoperiti cu apa fierbinte. Lasati sa se inmoaie 15 minute.
- Scurgeti curmalele si prunele bine si transferati in vasul robotului de bucatarie.
- Adaugati restul ingredientelor si mixati bine pana obtineti un aluat omogen.
- Dati la rece 30 minute apoi formati bilute mici.
- Rulati bilutele prin cacao sau nuca de cocos.
Tare bune sunt trufele – mici, elegante si delicioase 🙂 Am vrut sa acord 5 stele la reteta si mi s-a dus cursorul gresit, s-au bifat doar 4 – oricum, reteta e de 10 stele 🙂
Thalia @ butter and brioche says
I definitely will be making these healthy truffles as a better alternative to the usual unhealthy ones that are common at christmas time!
Thank you, Thalia! Let me know what you think if you try them.
Imi place cum arata. Sunt foarte aspectuoase, iar fotografiile tale senzationale. Sunt convinsa ca sunt si delicioase!
Sarah | Broma Bakery says
These are absolutely stunning! Love the dark lighting and the cocoa all over the plate. Just gorgeous!
Thank you, Sarah!