Pecan Fondants – Cookies Collection – delicious cookie recipe to share!
The beginning of 2020 has been slow for me. I feel like this year will be one of recovery, of being more focused on myself and my health, of being more forgiving with what I can do and when I can. It’s just what I needed to recover from a year full of projects, full of changes. Because even though the year itself passed by so quickly, it was intense and many things have happened. From having a new space to work from ( my pastry studio) to coming face to face with the strong idea that health is what matters the most not just for me, but for my family as well.
So I am taking this beginning of the year slowly and gently, appreciating what I have and what I love, being thankful for what I have and what I can do and for all of you visiting this tiny blog of mine, for all of you sending messages and interacting with this space of pastry and sweet things.
This recipe is part of a cookie collection that I published on Youtube in December last year, but I guess it’s time that I published the recipes, one by one, on the blog as well. Let’s first talk about these delicious Pecan Fondants or Pecan Shortbreads. I just love pecans, there’s no doubt there, but even more so when they are baked in a dessert. Because their flavor improves so much more! But they can be made with walnuts or pistachio, why not?! Just choose your favorite flavor and have fun and turn these pecan cookies into nutty cookies or pistachio cookies! You are in charge of the final taste!
I find cookies to be the pastries that bring me the quickest satisfaction with their short prep time and quick baking. In just under an hour sometimes, I can enjoy something made by me that is delicious and satisfying. What’s not to love about that?!
- 170 g butter softened
- 50 g icing sugar
- 5 g vanilla extract
- 250 g all-purpose flour
- 20 g cornstarch
- 2 g salt
- 45 g pecan nuts chopped
- + 60g brown sugar for coating
- Combine the butter, sugar and vanilla then mix at low speed for 2 minutes.
- Add the dry ingredients: flour, cornstarch and salt and mix just until incorporated.
- Incorporate the pecan nuts in the end then split the dough in half.
- Form 2 logs from each piece of dough.
- Wrap up in foil and refrigerate for 4-6 hours.
- Remove from the fridge then coat the logs evenly in brown sugar.
- Cut each log into slices – about 0.5cm thickness.
- Arrange the slices on a baking tray.
- Freeze for 15 minutes then bake in the preheated oven at 170C for 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Keep in an airtight container.