Quadruple Chocolate Brownies don’t wear this name by chance – they do consist of 4 types of chocolate: milk chocolate, dark chocolate, white chocolate and gianduja chocolate. If you add to this equation the chocolate used in the actual batter you end up with so much chocolate that only a true chocoholic could handle this dessert. The recipe itself belongs to Karim Bourgi (thank you, my friend, for sharing it – do check out his Instagram, it is such an inspiration!) and it is quite amazing, kinda like everything this man does – one of the best pastry chefs out there I am keen on saying, a great professional and just a nice person to be around.
I am quite sure you are familiar with brownies by now, but let’s recap it a little bit. First of all, brownies do not have chemical leavening agent at all – no baking powder or baking soda. Second, there are two types of brownies – cakey and fudgy. Cakey brownies are slightly risen from the air incorporated into the egg and sugar whipped mixture which makes them rise in the oven. A great example of cakey brownies are Pierre Herme’s nutty brownies. Fudgy brownies, exactly what these quadruple chocolate brownies are, have no air incorporated in the batter. They are actually one of the easiest recipes out there – all you have to do is mix a few ingredients and bake just until set, but moist and fudgy on the inside, kinda like a piece of pure chocolate heaven. Another great example are these raspberry brownies.
Check out how they are made here:
Quadruple Chocolate Brownies
- 280 g eggs
- 55 g egg whites
- 180 g white sugar
- 180 g brown sugar
- 280 g browned butter (beurre noisette)
- 210 g dark chocolate (80%)
- 105 g all-purpose flour
- 2 g salt
- 40 g white chocolate
- 40 g milk chocolate
- 40 g dark chocolate
- 40 g Gianduja chocolate
- Melt the 80% dark chocolate and mix it with the browned butter.
- Combine the eggs, egg white, white sugar and brown sugar in a bowl and mix with a whisk just until well combined. No need to whip the mix!
- Stir in the chocolate and browned butter and mix well, then add the flour and salt.
- Fold in the 4 types of chocolate then pour the batter in a 30x20cm cake frame.
- Bake at 180C for 25 minutes.
- Allow to cool down completely before cutting into small cubes.
- Keep at room temperature well covered to prevent drying.
Other delicious brownie recipes on the blog:
Minunata si ciocolatoasa! 😉 Multumim! :-*