Sacher Loaf Cake
- 200 g butter (softened)
- 150 g powdered sugar (sifted)
- 4 eggs (room temperature)
- 175 g all-purpose flour
- 5 g baking powder
- 45 g cocoa powder (Dutch processed)
- 2 g salt
- 150 g dark chocolate chips*
- 80 g dry apricots (diced)
- Combine the butter and sugar in a bowl and mix for a few minutes until light and fluffy.
- Stir in the eggs, one by one, mixing well after each addition.
- Sift the flour, baking powder, cocoa powder and salt together then incorporate this mix into the batter.
- Finally, on low speed, add the chocolate and apricots and mix to combine.
- Spoon the batter in a loaf pan that has been greased and lined with baking paper beforehand.
- Bake in the preheated oven at 165C for about 1 hour or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Allow to cool down in the pan then slice and serve.