Those of you loving Nutella, please raise your hands! Me included! In my case however, this love is strongly connected to my childhood. As Romania at that time was recently out of communism and I was living in a fairly isolated part of the country, pretty much everything of this kind (Nutella, candies, chocolate) was rare and hard to source. My father however always managed to find a jar of Nutella which we then saved until the last moment and had only tiny teaspoons of it at a time. I loved it so much that I wanted to keep it for as long as possible, to be able to eat from it weeks in a row, just tiny teaspoons to indulge myself on its taste. Time passed by though and now Nutella can be found pretty much anywhere. I’m not such an avid consumer anymore, but from time to time I do buy a jar, just to remember the old days!
Today’s recipe combines the amazing Nutella with bananas and produces a loaf cake that works so well with your morning cup of coffee or glass of milk! This Nutella swirled banana bread is packed with plenty of flavor, but at the same time moist and soft on the inside, with a nice crust on the outside. It’s delicious simple and even better accompanied by a cup of tea if you like.
Watch out the clip below to learn how to make this Nutella swirled banana bread perfectly:
- 200g brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 125ml whole milk
- 115g butter, browned
- 420g all-purpose flour
- 8g baking powder
- 4g baking soda
- 4g salt
- 200g bananas, pureed
- 120g Nutella
- Combine the brown sugar and eggs and mix slightly.
- Stir in the vanilla and mix well then add the milk and give it a good mix.
- Pour in the butter and mix well.
- Sift in the flour, baking powder and baking soda, as well as salt.
- Mash the bananas then stir them in the batter.
- Add half of the Nutella and gently swirl it in.
- Spoon the batter in a loaf cake pan lined with baking paper then top the batter with the remaining Nutella and swirl it again.
- Bake in the preheated oven at 180C for 40-50 minutes or until it passes the toothpick test and becomes crusty.
- Allow to cool down in the pan before slicing and serving.
Nutella e un desert in sine, nu-i asa? Cred ca toti avem amintiri legate de Nutella din copilarie… Sau chiar si mai recente (ma refer la acele seri in care borcanul de Nutella a fost mult prea apetisant… nu ma judecati!!). Insa dincolo de mancat cu lingurita direct din borcan, Nutella poate fi folosita si in deserturi. Cum e acest chec cu gust intens de banane, mijloc moale si pufos, crusta crocanta si parti cremoase de Nutella. O delicatesa!
Urmariti mai jos reteta in format video:
- 200g zahar brun
- 2 oua
- 1 lingurita extract de vanilie
- 125ml lapte gras
- 115g unt, caramelizat*
- 420g faina alba
- 8g praf de copt
- 4g bicarbonat
- 4g sare
- 200g banane, piure
- 120g Nutella
- Combinati ouale si zaharul si amestecati usor.
- Adaugati vanilia apoi laptele si omogenizati. Incorporati untul si amestecati bine.
- Cerneti in bol faina cu bicarbonatul, praful de copt si sarea apoi omogenizati.
- Pasati bananele - e ok daca raman si cateva bucati mai mari - apoi incorporati-le in amestec.
- Adaugati jumatate din Nutella si marmorati usor.
- Transferati aluatul in tava de chec tapetata cu hartie de copt apoi puneti deasupra restul de Nutella si marmorati din nou.
- Coaceti in cuptorul preincalzit la 180C pentru 40-50 minute sau pana capata o crusta aurie intensa si trece testul scobitorii.
- Lasati la racit in tava apoi feliati. Sa aveti pofta!