I’m eagerly waiting for Food Bloggers Conference next week in Bucharest. It’s the second edition in Romania and the first I’m going to. I’m excited to be honest. Meeting fellow bloggers, taking part at the food photography workshop and hearing the stories of famous chefs can only be inspiring, right?! I will be sharing pictures from the event on Facebook and Instagram so make sure you’re following me there if you want to know more about the conference and the food photography workshop I will be taking part at during the conference.
Until then though, here’s a recipe I made last week – peanut butter pretzel cookies. I had some peanut butter leftover in a jar I found as I organized the cupboard I store all my baking ingredients in. And I just wanted to clear the space so these cookies were born. It happened that I’ve also been reading about Momofuku Milk Bar pretzel cake lately and I had some pretzels as well so I could say these cookies were inspired by that. Plus, I love the mix of sweet and salty, so there you have it – sweet, moist cookies with salty pretzel bits in the batter, drizzled with melted chocolate and sprinkled with additional pretzels. I gotta say that from every peanut butter recipe I made before, this was the best – the cookies were moist and stored well for almost 1 week, the batter was easy to work with and the decorating was so much fun!
- 200g all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 115g butter, softened
- 115g peanut butter, room temperature
- 150g dark brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 80g pretzels, crushed
- 40g chocolate to decorate
- Crushed pretzels to decorate
- Pre-heat your oven to 350F and line 2 baking trays with parchment paper.
- Sift the flour, baking powder and salt in a bowl.
- Mix the butter, peanut butter and sugar in a bowl for 5 minutes until creamy.
- Add the egg and vanilla, as well as sour cream and give it a good mix for a few minutes.
- Using a spatula, incorporate the flour and pretzels.
- Form small balls of dough (or use an ice cream scoop) and flatten them slightly on your prepared baking trays.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes until the edges of the cookies begin to turn slightly golden brown.
- When done, allow to cool in the pan.
- Decorate the cookies with melted chocolate and crushed pretzels.
2. Pretzels or salted sticks are both great for this recipe.
In ultimul timp am fost destul de obsedata de torturile Momofuku Milk Bar, in special de cel cu ciocolata si pretzels (covrigei sarati sau sticksuri). Probabil ca il voi face la un moment dat, insa pana atunci va arat astazi o reteta de fursecuri cu unt de arahide si covrigei sarati inspirata de acel tort, o combinatie clasica de dulce si sarat care mie una imi place enorm. Decorate cu putina ciocolata topita, fursecurile au fost mai mult decat delicioase.
- 200g faina alba
- 1 lingurita praf de copt
- 1/4 lingurita sare
- 115g unt moale
- 115g unt de arahide la temperatura camerei
- 1 ou
- 1 lingurita extract de vanilie
- 2 linguri smantana acra
- 80g covrigi sarati sau sticksuri, faramitati
- 40g ciocolata pentru decor
- Covrigeti faramitati tot pentru decor
Mod de preparare:
- Pre-incalziti cuptorul la 180C si tapetati 2 tavi de copt cu hartie de copt.
- Cerneti faina cu sarea si praful de copt.
- Mixati untul, untul de arahide si zaharul intr-un bol pentru aproximativ 5 minute pana obtineti o crema.
- Adaugati oul, smantana si vanilia si mixati bine.
- Folosind o spatula, incorporati faina si covrigeii.
- Formati bile mici de aluat (puteti folosi o lingura de inghetata) si asezati-le pe tavile pregatite. Aplatizati fiecare fursec usor si coaceti pentru 12-15 minute pana marginile incep sa devina aurii.
- Lasati fursecurile sa se raceasca in tava.
- Decorati cu ciocolata topita si covrigeti faramitati.