I don’t give this kind of titles easily, but this recipe does yield the best chocolate chip cookies I have ever tasted. It’s in fact a mix of a great texture (moist, soft) and an amazing taste contrast between the sweet crumbs and the fleur de sel flakes sprinkled on top of each cookie. What you are left with in the end is a cookie that tastes like no other . Well, who am I kidding… just a cookie is not enough! Every time I made them I had at least 2 or 3 right away even if they were still warm. I just love the melted, oozing chocolate chips whilst the cookies are hot – I am a simple girl with simple joys as one of my friend would put it.
The recipe is so simple that you won’t believe it! A short ingredient list and a very quick cooking time. Basically these cookies can be done in under one hour. But each ingredient is important and if there is something I would say to not replace at all is the muscovado sugar which gives these chocolate chip cookies a deep taste and keeps the dough moist even after baking.
Sure, this is not the only chocolate chip cookie recipe on this blog, but hey, no one ever said no to a cookie like this, especially when it comes with a fleur de sel topping. I have the feeling these cookies can set someone’s world on the right path again. I know they shook my world anway. I just don’t look at cookies the same anymore. All of a sudden I have a whole new world of possibilities in front of me and I cannot wait to dive more into it!
You can find the video version of this recipe here:
- 150g butter, melted and chilled
- 75g white sugar
- 75g muscovado sugar
- 5g vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 3g salt
- 200g all-purpose flour
- 25g cornstarch
- 2g baking soda
- 180g chocolate chips
- Combine the butter, sugars and vanilla in a bowl.
- Add the egg and mix well.
- Sift in the dry ingredients and incorporate them with a spatula.
- Add the chocolate chips and mix well.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and place in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Take pieces of 40g each and shape them into small discs.
- Sprinkle each cookie with fleur de sel.
- Bake in the preheated oven at 190C for 10-12 minutes. Do not overbake them as they will dry out.